Many thanks for that information Barbara - I will pass it on to the enquirer straight away.

avis

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 01/29/03 05:41 >>>
Avis,

These were the experts listed at the time of the consultation:

Queries may be addressed unit B.5 "Financial Services", Mr. Van Lysebettens (technical expert), tel. (++322)/(02)299 48 50 or Mr. Ring (general matters), tel (++322)/(02)295 69 47.

http://europa.eu.int/comm/consumers/policy/developments/cons_cred/cons_cred04_en.html.

I would suggest contacting Mr. Ring, [log in to unmask].  He is the Deputy Head of Unit for financial services in the Heath/Consumer DG and is still responsible for the consumer credit issues.

Barbara Sloan
Manager, Public Inquiries and Library
Delegation of the European Commission
2300 M St, NW
Washington DC 20037
Tel. (202) 862-9542
Fax  (202) 429-1766
www.eurunion.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Avis Furness
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: consumer credit

On page 88 of the proposal on consumer credit (COM(2002)443)
http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/com/pdf/2002/com2002_0443en01.pdf
there is reference to a consultation procedure.

The discussion paper was issued in June 2001 and it can be found on the Consumer Credit website of the Commission at
http://europa.eu.int/comm/consumers/policy/developments/cons_cred/cons_cred04_en.html

However, I cannot find any information - apart from the description in the proposal - on the responses to the discussion paper.  It obviously generated a lot of comment, questionnaires, etc.

I have an enquirer who would like to be able to see those responses - can anyone tell me if they are available on-line, or if there is anywhere else we might ask??

grateful thanks, as always, for any assistance you can offer

avis

Avis Furness
Librarian
European Parliament UK Office