Please can anyone tell me what "JAI" stands for in a document reference
number?  I assume it's Justice and Internal something - or maybe it's a
French abbreviation? Further clarification would be very welcome.  Example
of context:  Initiative of the Kingdom of Denmark with a view to the
adoption of a Council Framework Decision on combating corruption in the
private sector.  JAI (2002) 21 , OJ C 184 02/08/02 p.5.

More generally, can anyone point me to an understandable explanation of the
procedure for legislation initiated by the Council? I don't find the
glossary on Europa very helpful.  EU courses and books tend to say that the
Commission has the sole right of initiative, but I suppose they must be
talking about the first pillar only, without making this explicit.

Thank you,

Hester Swift
EU Librarian
The Law Society Library

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy
it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person. Instead please
return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to
[log in to unmask] Please then delete your copy from your system.
Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any
contract on behalf of the Law Society by email. Thank you.