From: Catherine Webb [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 January 2003 09:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Strange things afoot...

Has anyone noticed that we now have

Directive 2002/92/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on insurance mediation in OJ L9 (2003)

and

Council Directive 2002/92/EC amending Directive 77/388/EEC to extend the facility allowing Member States to apply reduced rates of VAT to certain labour-intensive services in OJ L331 (2002)?

Just to complicate matters, the OEIL record for the insurance mediation Directive actually points to the Directive about VAT although they hope to put that right by the end of the month, apparently.

Should we have two Directives with the same number? Isn't life complicated enough already?!

Paul Clarke

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Please contact [log in to unmask]