hi
I think there is a need to contextulaise both Mairian and Sarah's points.Identity politics does face a danger  of  accumulating a collection of oppressed identities which in turn  give  rise to a hierarchy of oppression.  However such scaling  can be  divisive and immobilizing.The danger vested in such identity politics is that both difference and identity get organised into hierarchies. The right to speak therefore, becomes a matter of collecting oppression indicators.  If one can establish the authenticity of one's victimisation, one will have both moral and political rights.While I appreciate the anxieties  in fighting  politically as  a  collective identity, I know that for  continuous and inevitable fragmentation of identities will  makes the task even more difficult in a country like mine, where as it is there are far too many marginalised categories fighting for  social justice and equality. Therefore the significant question is  whether one can speak  about  differences without drowning in a tide of hierarrchies of  oppression/impairments/disabilities  One way in which  we might make some progress is  by analysing the voices.  Who is speaking for whom? I know  this stance assumes that each individual should speak for the category of difference that they are seen to represent within the community, which again is fraught with difficulties.
 I do look forward to some direction on this very significant issue.

are now located at: