From: Sarah Hargreaves [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wed 22/01/2003 09:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Something Positive?

I have recently read and contributed to the thread on neuro diversity. It
has caused me concern that some members have felt that some of the negative
content as made them wish to leave the list. In some cases people actually
have.

I agree with Ali in her sentiments 'we should begin to address ways of
supporting all different groups within the disability movement and find a
positive way forward.'

I apreciate this list is viewed around the world, but this is the European
Year of Disabled Persons and we should be working together to promote this
and the commonalities that effect disabled people. Academics disabled and
non-disabled,disabled people, self defined or otherwise.Let's disemminate
the positive, research and policies that empower disabled people.

Yes, I'm an idealist too.

Any comments...

Best Wishes
Sarah