Mikael said:

> Referring back to the dc:identifier discussion, isn't it so
> that the Literal "http://purl.org/dc/terms/" > is a namespace,

I guess to be utterly pedantic, it's a namespace _name_ , isn't it? ;-)

> but the Resource <http://purl.org/dc/terms> is whatever
> document DC intends to put there?

... but, yes, agreed, I think.

I admit I do still feel _slightly_ uncomfortable that the URIref
http://purl.org/dc/terms/ is being used for two different purposes:

1. as an XML Namespace name;
2. as the identifier of the "defining resource" which is the object of
an rdfs:isDefinedBy arc

But I think I'm just about managing to convince myself it doesn't matter
because in RDF (as Roland illustrated so nicely last night and as
Patrick argued here a few months back) the former is only a syntactic
device....

There is another consideration, I guess, which is that

http:/dublincore.org/documents/2001/10/26/dcmi-namespace/

talks about

> DCMI namespace
> A DCMI namespace is a collection of DCMI terms.  Each DCMI namespace
is identified by a URI.

Now this, it seems to me, _does_ say something about the type of the
resources which are identified by the URIs:

http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
http://purl.org/dc/terms/
http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/

Is a "DCMI namespace" an "XML namespace", or is there some further
subtle distinction being made here?

Pete