From: Danny McGeehan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 January 2003 22:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Trick & Teat is Dead

Ours now has 330 students per year and the
> powers-that-be think this is great! There was a point when I knew every
medical student in my year as their tutor, the students had a sense of
belonging to an institution, a sense of loyalty to the hospital and the
 school, they worked hard and played hard and became good docs. Now they're
an anonymous bunch drifting from hospital to hospital with poor tutor
support, and they'll end up becoming disaffected juniors, with no loyalty to
their units. Suppose it doesn't matter anyway, the latest ones all clock off
at midnight now and moan if they have to do any "service" work that doesn't
involve "training". A few of mine are taking six months off to recuperate
after their stint in "cas". F***ing precious if you ask me, we certainly
never got six months off.
AF

Adrian had a very interesting chat with our Director of Finance.  Saw a few
spreadsheets and SHO's with Band 2a are now on salaries of over £50K.  I
couldn't beleive it I suppose it is a sign of my impending senility  all
that I can say is that it is a hell of a lot of dosh.

We actually had one a year or two ago who earned more than me.  He had
converted to a SHO post and had a few DP's when he was a SG.  I was
flabbergasted especially when I see what our poor SG's earn for a hell of a
lot of hard work.  When you compare it with the Police, nursing or even Law
it compares very favourably.

AH has a lot to answer for!!

Best wishes

Danny McGeehan