Dear all,

I will shortly be commencing some research looking at projects designed to challenge and change children and young people's attitudes/views on race/racism.  I was wondering if anyone was aware of any good attitudinal research toolkits/questionnaires  - geared towards children and young people aged between 11-16 years - that focus on the impacts/role of (i) family relations; (ii) friends and peers; and (iii) wider culture (i.e. TV, music, and Internet)?

In addition, can anyone recommend any good papers/publications, with a quantitative (and qualitative) slant, on children and young people's attitudes to race/racism and the impact that family, friends/peers and wider culture have on them?  Relatedly, is anyone aware of any research on children/young people and their personal space (i.e. their bedroom) - their retreat to this space and how they use this space to exhibit their sense of identity through posters on the wall etc...?

Many thanks,

Paul

Dr. Paul J. Maginn

Lemos and Crane

64 Highgate High Street

London

N6 5HX

Tel: 020 8348 8263

Send music and picture to your friends with MSN Messenger. Download it FREE here.