Lorna

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorna Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 4:18 AM
Subject: mental health in higher ed.

I am hoping to do a piece of research for my MA in Disability Studies on the
experiences of students with mental health difficulties in Higher Education.
Its all very vague at present but the areas I will probably explore are what
institutional support they receive and whether they were awarded DSA or not.
I may look into the effect of examinations on their well-being too.
Any pointers to appropriate literature in this area would be appreciated.
Regards

Lorna Thomas

I have completed research on the issue of disclosure of mental illness in
higher education environments (report being written now). Also, Ann
Shaddock, Dean of Students at the University of Canberra is about to
commence a study similar to yours. I will see her on Friday 17th Jan.

I am not sure where you are (assuming UK). The literature I have used was
mostly Australian. If you want to contact Ann, let me know and I will pass
on your details.

Best regards

Laurence Bathurst
School of Occupation and Leisure Sciences
Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Sydney

PO Box 170
Lidcombe NSW 1825