I'm looking for references to cock-fighting preferably Iron Age and Roman.  I am aware that Julius Caesar is recorded as having said that the Britons kept fowl for pleasure and diversion, presumably he is refering to cock-fighting. Have metal spurs similar to those from later periods been recovered from Iron Age and Roman contexts? Have pathological changes resulting from wearing metal spurs ever been recorded on tarso-metatarsus from these period?

On a seperate point I was wondering whether there has been any experimental work carried out on curring techniques and the resulting bone evidence.

Lorrain Higbee