Hi, Jennie.

I'm currently working on the Pliocene and Pleistocene fossil deer (Odocoileus, Cervus and several extinct critters) from a number of sites in the Western US.

Can you provide a digital photo?  I'll will say that if it is a tine, there is essentially no way to to identify it.  There are some very large Odocoileus in the Late Pleistocene and recent, and there are other species intermediate between Odocoileus and Cervus in size, like Navahoceros and others.  You really need the proximal part of the antler to tell much.

But I'd be glad to take a look.

Richard White, Director
International Wildlife Museum
4800 West Gates Pass Road