-----Original Message-----
From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Prof TP O'Connor
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 7:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] News from Iberoamerican area

Thanks for the timely reminder, Umberto.  Maybe those of us who have
English as a first language can help by not using idiomatic and 'slang'
expressions in ZOOARCH communications. It is not a big problem, and I am
not particularly criticising anyone. However, so many of our colleagues
from other countries use English so well that it is easy to forget that
English learned as a second language is not quite the same as English
used as a first language. And I apologise for the complexity of that
sentence!

Terry O'Connor