Dear Kristopher,
This sounds like a great topic - is this a paper or a bigger research
project?
There is a fantastic example of a preserved peacock feather from 14th
century London which is described (with a photo - I have an ok copy if
you need one) in Geoff Egan's The Medieval Household : Daily Living
c.1150-c.1450 (Museum of London 1998).

All the best,

Aleks Pluskowski