From: [log in to unmask]>Dawn Ebbrell
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:50 AM
Subject: new website - Research in Modern Languages in the UK

Research in Modern Languages in the UK provides an on-line single point of reference for research interests in modern language studies across the UK. The site has been developed over the last two years by CILT, the National Centre for Languages, Oxford Brookes University and the Institute of Romance Studies University of London with funding support from the UCML/Subject Centre Collaboration Programme in Modern Languages.

The website provides:
- a searchable on-line database of research conducted by UK-based researchers to which researchers may submit their details on-line;
- searchable databases of modern languages research events and resources to which users may submit new resources and events;
- archives and joining instructions for an email discussion list dedicated to research in modern languages.

 We are now in a phase of data collection. We are collecting information on the research of UK-based academics (including postgraduate research) in the following areas:
- humanities and social sciences based research in Romance and Germanic languages;
- research into language teaching and learning covering all languages and all sectors of education.

Visit http://www.languagesresearch.ac.uk, register and then login to submit your details. Your account details will then be   automaticall  emailed to you but your account will be ready to use straight away. The submission guidelines give  an explanation of what information to have to hand and the scope of the database.

Submission guidelines (language teaching and learning) -
http://www.languagesresearch.ac.uk/subguideltl.php

Submission guidelines (humanities/social sciences based mfl research)) - http://www.languagesresearch.ac.uk/subguidehbr.php