I got one response - off-list - reproduced below with Frank's permission:

---------------------
Paul -

Not sure if this really answers your precise question but
interestingly I just received something from the CCLRC on their FOI
arrangements.  It looks very thorough.  See their website at:
http://www.foi.cclrc.ac.uk

Frank Norman, Librarian. National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA,  UK
tel 020 8816 2227   fax 020 8816 2230   email [log in to unmask]
---------------------

I agree with Frank - it looks very thorough but doesn't apparently
do anything more than to provide a map (via a database lookup I guess)
to a pile of docments (which may be in any format). Is this all we need
to deliver a Publication Scheme?

I'm probably not asking this question in the right place. Today in

there was an announcement of a "Technology Support for Data
Protection Compliance" meeting at UMIST, 4th April.

Paul

--On 12 February 2003 15:48 +0000 Paul Browning

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: [log in to unmask]  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/