From: Tom Browne [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 November 2003 11:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Pedagogic support for VLEs

Remember that replies go to the entire list

 Stan, Megan et al,

 This is a very timely conversation.

 The Learning and Teaching Sub-Committee (JCLT) of the JISC are about to
embark upon a study to examine exactly this question.  A certain amount of
scoping has already taken place but a great deal of work will be undertaken
in the calendar year 2004.

 Just to give a flavour, two key objectives (N.B. currently in draft) are:

 1. to review and enhance current knowledge about effective pedagogies for
e-learning
 2. to explore how this can be effectively applied .....

  So, if this list generates an active dialogue on this subject, I'm sure
it will prove of immense value.

 Tom

Dr Tom Browne, Academic IT Support Manager, ITS
University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QJ
tel: 01273 87 2967 email: [log in to unmask]

--On 13 November 2003 10:07 +0000 Megan Robertson