Transport  and The Environment – Green To Go
26th June 2003, One Birdcage Walk, London

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/UTSG/CIWEM.pdf

Whatever your position in the transport / environment debate everyone agrees that
something must be done. Travel and freedom of movement is one of the most basic of
human instincts. In the context of a growing population how can we get people where
they want to be when they want to and reduce our contribution to global warming? This
Conference will provide some of the answers. For the first time in a single venue -
politicians, scientists, engineers, media commentators, transport managers and even
blue sky thinkers will debate the issues and set out the solutions to one of the most
perplexing and exciting social conundrums of modern times.

Speakers:
Peter Treadgold, Transport for London
Steven Norris, Former Minister of State for Transport and London Mayoral Candidate
Stephen Joseph, Transport 2000
Professor Stephen Glaister, Transport for London
Paul Brown, The Guardian
Adrian Lyons, Railway Forum
Professor Chris Nash, University of Leeds
Tom Worsley, Department for Transport
Simon Price, Highways Agency
Professor Donald Ritchie, Environment Agency
John Speirs, Hyder Consulting
Les Goddard, Pell Frischmann

For further details contact Sarah Hickinson,
Tel. +44(0)113 2424200 or email [log in to unmask]