Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:45:33 +0100 (BST)
From: Tony Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: All Hands Abstract Submission - Deadline 6th June

Dear All,

     The All Hands Meeting 2003
(http://www.rcuk.ac.uk/escience/documents/allhands2003webpage.htm)
abstracts deadline has moved from this Monday to this Friday (6th June).
(This is good news, given that we've all been overtaken by various
events over the last few weeks).

There is a 3-step procedure using a standard process from computing
science. See links on "submission" leading to
http://cyberchair.nesc.ac.uk/AHM2003/submit/
NOTE: the abstracts are REAL abstracts this year, NOT the 2-page short
summaries used last year. The notes indicate that
"The abstract should be no more than one page of plain text."
This is submitted via the web form which looks like it wants a 2-3
paragraph description.

(There is a second step for paper submission
with a deadline of 14th August for those chosen, based on the abstract).

There are two overviews being submitted:
1. "GridPP overview"
2. "GridPP technology"

We should also submit in the areas covered by last year's abstracts, if at
all possible. See
http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/abstracts/

Please contact colleagues to ensure that one person will submit the
required abstract in each of the middleware and applications areas.

Suggestion is that all submissions are for option 1:
Presentation in a parallel session (20mins)
(These presentations will be grouped into 5 parallel sessions.)
If the abstracts are not chosen for talks, then they will be accepted as
posters.

You may also wish to suggest BOFs.
1. Data and Storage Management
2. Workload Management
3. Information and Monitoring
4. Security
5. Networking
6. Applications

come to mind...

Could you forward me a copy of the output form when you submit and we'll
collate a page for the submitted abstracts.

            Thanks, Tony
PS apologies for the lateness of this circulation..
PPS In parallel we are contributing to a PPARC demo stand with AstroGrid.
Dave Colling and I are in charge of this.
Tony Doyle, GridPP Project Leader            Telephone: +44-141-330 5899
Rm 478, Kelvin Building                        Telefax: +44-141-330 5881
Dept of Physics and Astronomy           EMail: [log in to unmask]
University of Glasgow             Web: http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~doyle
G12 8QQ, UK                                      Video - IP: 194.36.1.32