We hope you will find many items of interest in the new issue of Ascidian
News, now on our website
http://nsm.fullerton.edu/~lamberts/ascidian/  (Please excuse a few minor
formatting glitches if you print it. Preparing web pages is still something
of a mystery to me.)

There are 118 new publications listed (Please send us a copy; we read them
all and use them not only for our own work but in answering the many
questions we get for advice and help) plus many abstracts from recent
meetings. A complete list of participants at the October Intl. Urochordate
meeting in Carry le Rouet, France with titles and abstracts of the talks
and posters can be found at
http://nsm.fullerton.edu/~lamberts/ascidian/UromeetingAbstracts.html

There are also a number of other contributions in this issue of AN,
including an announcement by Dr. Hitoshi Sawada of the 4th Intl. Symposium
on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Egg- and Embryo-Coats to be held Nov.
2004 in Japan. See the newsletter for details and contact information.

We very much welcome your comments. Thanks to all of you who wrote in
support of continuing AN; it is a lot of work but worth it when we know
that many people still find it useful.

Best wishes for a productive and happy new year.
Gretchen and Charles Lambert
Gretchen Lambert
12001 11th Ave. NW
Seattle, WA 98177
tel. 206-365-3734
http://nsm.fullerton.edu/~lamberts/ascidian/
"Ascidians are back in the limelight, with a good chance of staying there."
-- O. Pourquié, Nature 8 Feb. 2001.