Tim

yes, Dave, Norman and Mark made stromg impressions and were obviously
regarded as people who know what they are talking about.

I gave a brief presentation providing a context for HDX/ NDX/ Tables and
WCS, while Norman and Dave gave more detailed presentations about HDX and
WCS. Dave is leading a thread in the data modelling about Coordinate
Trasformations, while Norman is on the UCD core team. I think there is an
increasing appreciation of the importance of the problems that we have
already addressed. This is a significant improvement over the previous
situation where people did not even recognise that these were issues.

I am working with CDS and others to draw up a "big-picture" data model. The
Data Model work is clearly recognised as key to doing well-founded work in
any of the other areas.

So all in all I think this was a very productive meeting and we need to keep
working hard at this because we have a lot to offer. And of course we need
to bear in mind the fact that if the final standards are at variance to what
we have, then we need to change our stuff or at least be able to use the
standards.

I'll put up a page on the Wiki giving details of the e-Science bids as they
evolve.

...David