From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Lina Liederman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Greg Smith
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: (no subject)

I am urgently trying to find out for my research (a comparative study of religious expression by Muslim pupils in France and England) whether there are any regulations that forbid Muslim teachers from wearing the hidjab, while teaching in the classroom, in state schools. I know that the wearing of the hidjab by pupils is accepted (unlike France) but I am not sure what the status is for Muslim teachers.
Does anyone know the answer or where/how I could find out? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Lina Molokotos Liederman
Centre for European Studies/Univ. of Exeter
GSRL/EPHE, Paris, France
SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.

To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>

Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask]

To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>

---