On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 08:10:11AM +0100, Greg Smith wrote:
> In our department we are also encouraged to use EndNote to
> build up our own library and make notes. I have been using this
> program since last march; it is really helpful and useful. You
> can download the trial version(for one month) at
> http://www.endnote.com
>
> Yes I'd also recommend using Endnote....its a wonderful time
> saver for managing bibliographies.

I cannot avoid to comment on this: I use for many years
exclusively LyX (which is the equivalent of Word for writing
stuff) and BibTeX (which works with bibliography) and I cannot be
more happy with them. Not only that price-tag is nice (all
TeX-related stuff is available for free at www.ctan.org, LyX is
on www.lyx.org), but in my opinion the combination of LyX and
BibTeX is much better in terms of quality. I cannot imagine
writing anything longer two pages in Word (and make no mistake,
I was lawyer before coming to PhD program, so I spent enormous
amount of time in front of Word and I am pretty capable of
working with it).

If we will build some centralized bibliography, can I ask to make
it in some open format (be it BibTeX or MARC; both of them can be
exported and imported to/from Endnote).

   Have a nice day,

      Matej Cepl

--
Matej Cepl,

I believe in the power of prayer. It's been said: "I would rather
stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers
of the righteous." The prayers of a friend are one of life's most
gracious gifts.
    -- George W. Bush at the 2001 National Prayer Breakfast

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.

To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>

Send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]

To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>