it'd be nice to also focus on research that's relevant to consumers.  it's
been my observation as an engineer and economist that the almost exclusive
industrial focus on production efficiency rather than consumption efficiency
is due to society losing track of the real purpose of technology, which is the
case of transportation is NOT mobility but ACCESS.

When we've depleted our fossil fuels, we will be faced with the economic
constraint of human muscle power prices, which at a $5/hour wage amount to
$500/equivalent gallon of gasoline.  How we will then be able to access
adequate food, shelter, and clothing?  (the good news is that the technology
is already available, we just have to apply it.)

muriel

--
The political-economic challenge facing California is real.
Every Californian needs to contact their elected representatives

Any resemblance of any of the above opinions to anybody's official position is
completely coincidental.

The energy challenge facing California is real. Every Californian
needs to take immediate action to reduce energy consumption. For
a list of simple ways you can reduce demand and cut your energy
cost, see our web site at http://www.arb.ca.gov

Muriel Strand, P.E.
Air Resources Engineer
CA Air Resources Board