Morning!

Q1) I need to illustrate the difference between the "traditional" macrotexture offered
by HRA or surface dressing and the "negative" texture
offered by the more freely draining surface types such as SMA and/or proprietary thin surfaces

BUT not illustrating the behaviour of the porous alphalts that have full depth draining
(enrobes drainant?) for which I have already got a slide

Does anyone have a graphic or can scan ( with reference) any diagram that would graphically illustate the
mechanism that leads to these surfaces reducing  spray, I already have photographs from Maurice Daines
Report  for TRL showing how Porous Asphalt cuts down spray so I don't need to illustate what
it does but HOW IT DOES IT..

Can you point me to a URL FTP site or email the image (with references as required) to me...

Q2) Anyone from Southampton University TRG on this list?......

Regards

John

=======================================
ROAD SURFACE CHARACTERISTICS AND SAFETY:
A Project Jointly Funded by The AA FOUNDATION FOR ROAD
SAFETY RESEARCH and  CSS being undertaken by HAMPSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

http://195.167.162.28/aafoundation/
http://www.cssnet.org.uk/

John C Bullas BSc MSc MIHT FGS - Research Officer - AA Foundation  / CSS
3rd Floor, Partnership House, Moorside Road, Winchester
Hampshire SO23 7RX.
Telephone 01962 845029 / 873759
 Fax 01962 878627 / 846999
MOB: +44 (0)7946 317 467 - EMAIL:[log in to unmask]