-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on the public understanding of science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Elena Sanchez
Sent: 22 November 2003 16:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Private industry and public: is there a dialogue?

Dear List

I am currently studying Science Communication at Birkbeck College and to
secure my Diploma I need to write a dissertation. My chosen theme is  based
around the concept of public engagement with science
and technology, specifically from the perspective of a private company. The
questions I want to explore would be:

1. What are the benefits for private industry to engage the public in
dialogue about science and technology?

2. Are there barriers, and if so what are they, that stop or make it
difficult for the private industry to engage the public in a dialogue?

I would like to find examples of where private industry has wanted, tried or
achieved to engage the public. Could anyone out there point me in the right
direction? Does anyone have experience in this field and/or an opinion?

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thanks

Elena Sanchez
LGC Corporate Development Team

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
archive,
can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and
science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk