Could you please delete my address on your list.
Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Afzal, Aosaf" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 5:55 PM
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Mega-terrorism, emergent diseases, international
financial instability and more... at the Royal Society

Dear All

On Thursday 2 October at 6.30pm Thomas 'Tad' Homer-Dixon, acclaimed author
of "The Ingenuity Gap" (see www.ingenuitygap.com) will ask whether the
problems we are confronting are becoming more difficult and if so, what is
the role of science in helping to solve them.

"Tad Homer-Dixon is a rare kind of public intellectual, who combines real
expertise with a commitment to communicate to the widest possible
readership. In The Ingenuity Gap he wants us all to wake-up to the fearful
possibility that our blithe trust in science and technology may be
misplaced... Read Homer-Dixon's wake-up call and you will see the future
very differently."
Michael Ignatieff

Admission is free - no tickets required - and on a first come, first served
basis.

Cheers
Aosaf

Aosaf Afzal
science in sight officer

tel  +44 (0)20 7451 2576
fax +44 (0)20 7451 2693
web http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk

The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AG

Registered Charity No 207043
The Royal Society - excellence in science

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
archive,
can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and
science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk