People always seem to find the breathing of helium and getting a Donald Duck
voice terribly funny.  It can be used to demonstrate some interesting physics
too, of course.  People tend to think that the effect happens because "it does
something to the throat" but it can be shown that using helium instead of wind
changes the pitch of wind instruments.

science"              <[log in to unmask]> =====

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html