This got away from me before I had finished;

100

light on the air he lived
deftly delightly with
a personal speech
       if he was over
       in gracing going
              in falling unselfish
       a bright tight lad
       kind to them all
       ever our loss
              a winner in his words
       all gentle and warm
       wit was unrealised
              when from us he went

from For The Fallen, by Ric Caddel, for whom wit was realised.

Mairéad Byrne
Assistant Professor of English
Rhode Island School of Design
Providence, RI 02903
www.wildhoneypress.com
www.maireadbyrne.blogspot.com
>>> [log in to unmask] 04/01/03 13:53 PM >>>
I've just heard that Ric died this morning at 11.45 a.m.

A wonderful writer and a lovely man.

Randolph