Glad you saw the funny side, it was most +meant+, Doug, it was written very
quickly, in a few minutes before being due to go out to a social event, it
does always amuse me how we English who can be the most ineffably polite
people in the world are also among the rudest. The secret schizophrenia of
Angleterre.

Apropos of it another matter that intrigues me is the 'personal' in poetry -
a very small number of my own pieces are directly personal, but most just
project feelings which may be partial reflections of what I feel but are, I
hate to say, just 'material'.

Just off to run into my walls!

Best

Dave