Libby,

Very glad you asked the question and appreciate the responses to it myself.
I haven't kept up with things east of Poland for too long, not since the
heyday of the likes of Blok, Akhmatova, Zabolotsky, Yesenin, Pasternak,
Mayakovsky and Maria Tsvetayeva (I'm ageless), followed by Yevtushenko,
Voznesensky, Akhmadullina and Brodsky. That gentle soul Daniel Weissbort
simply has to be more knowledgable than I or anyone about this. The only
fairly 'recent' poets I've looked at are Arkadii Dragomoschenko (in
Hejinian's treatment) and Ivan Zhdanov, whose fascinating 'The Inconvertible
Sky' was mentioned on this list a few years back.

Best

Árni

--
Árni Ibsen