Mark:

> The complete works of Anne Bradstreet / edited by Joseph R. McElrath, Jr.
> and Allan P. Robb.
>                     Boston : Twayne Publishers, 1981.

... I +didn't+ know about this, so thanks.  But I'm a bit iffy about Twayne
...  Any more detail?

> I listed post-17th century editions--I was interested in the degree to
> which there was any attention.

Fair -- we're crossed on this.  I was thinking on the two 17thC editions,
plus the MS notebook.

> As I said, don't remember. And don't have the books, neither.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be snappy.  But my sense is that Anne Bradstreet was
pretty much dismissed till the fifties.  And the Berryman poem made a
difference.  But your listing of the (re)editions counters this.

Sure, "Homage" didn't come out of nowhere, but Berryman as a "scholar" isn't
to be ignored --  he could make his own judgements.

> >Name five (other than the Sainted Emily).
>
> Known to Ransom et all? Lots in the 20s and 30s: Amy Lowell, Adelaide
> Crapsey,  Lola Ridge, Sara Teasdale,  Elinor Wylie, H.D., Marianne Moore,
> Edna St. Vincent Millay, Louise Bogan, Marya Zaturenskaya, Nathalia Crane,
> Muriel Rukeyser. As in Britain the woman poet was quite the figure.

Ouch!  K, I withdraw.

Cheers,

Robin