Sorry, Frederick, but I don't get this at all, you've just reproduced
Alison's post without any comment. If I can explain my own position, as
Alison is, I am anti-war, her viewpoint isn't that of a pacifist but mine
is, or is close to that, it partly stems from my former involvement with the
Quakers, and, yes, I know the arguments against pacifism. But I have a deep
revulsion against violence, even though I'm capable of joking about it at
times, Alison has given a great deal of time and energy to the anti-war
cause and put herself, in a sense, at risk for publicly expounding her
views. Now I know you don't agree with them but I think she deserves respect
for the sincerity with which she holds them.

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England