At 08:17 AM 4/3/2003 -0500, Henry Gould wrote:
><<Yes, it's only us illiterate dough-heads & yokels who support (& fight)
>this war.>>

"So Joab put the words in her mouth" (2 Samuel 14:1-3). Never said this,
Henry.

><<Your idea of "poet" is in the sentimental Allen Ginsberg mold.>>

I don't know how anyone who knows my work could call it sentimental. Nor's
my stance regarding the role of a poet sentimental or ginsbergian -- or
anything remotely Beat for that matter. In fact, I have nowhere written
about -- even on this list-- what my "idea of 'poet' is"  or is not.