Dear Friends:

2004 is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Pablo
Neruda. Neruda represents the spirit of our "Dialogue
through Poetry" programs and the vision of the United
Nations. So, we are dedicating March 2004 to the end
of July 2004 to celebrate his legacy and the ideals of
being a "global citizen." We are asking publishers,
reading coordinators, and poets to setup poetry
readings, conferences, and presentations around this
theme. To list your event, please visit our site at:

http://www.dialoguepoetry.org/neruda.htm

Also, we have received encouragement from the Neruda
Foundation. A letter can be found at:

http://www.dialoguepoetry.org/neruda/neruda_letter.pdf

Lastly, we are working with Mark Eisner on promoting a
new collection / translations of his poems titled,
"The Essential Neruda: Selected Poems" (City Lights),
which will be released in April 2004. You can
pre-order the book on our site.

If you have any questions, please email Larry Jaffe at

Sincerely,
Ram Devineni and Larry Jaffe

=====
Please send future emails to