OK, but don't blame the law for being draconian if you're following it to
the letter.  The law protects against libel.  You've chosen to abide by
it.  End of story.  Don't fob off responsibility by saying it's a bad
law.   If DB is not willing to retract a personal defamatory statement, and
you want to protect yourself from legal action, then the review status is
warranted.  I don't think an apology should be required (one person's
defamation is another's free speech); a b/c acknowledgement by DB that his
speech may be perceived to be defamatory, and a retraction, and a promise
to abide by list rules regarding slander or personal attacks, should be
sufficient in my opinion for removal of the review status.

My last post on this.

Henry