The final days of the UCI conference escaped me - both in terms of time and also in terms of ideas. There is a very strong emotion pervading the "last words" - maybe you had to be there to pick up the vibe? Thanks to everyone - but effort is not of merit in itself. Now that the feathers have settled have we done more than confirm our different differences? Have we re-determined the relative status of anything?

My concerns remain - the proposal is timely in political terms but not design terms - design studies is a displaced concern - weak arguments replace strong questions.

keith russell
OZ Newcastle