Dear Per and colleagues,

We sometimes use the fantastical world of nightmares and dreams to
guide us through the difficulties of life. Here is a little
contribution.

In the depth of the night, I had a different nightmare to Per.

A Design rabbit, happily grazing in a pasture, wanders onto the big
black highway and is curious about all the activity, particularly in
the fast lane. She hops over into the fast lane and sees a huge shiny
Science coach hurling towards her. She is fascinated, and becomes
mesmerised by the bright headlights. SPLAT! no more Design rabbit.

On a slightly longer time frame, the nightmare becomes a dream and has
a happy ending.

After many many many days, all the fuel runs out and the big Science
coach comes to a standstill. Meanwhile, the Design rabbits—much better
at adapting to their environment than coaches— grow in numbers and
happily hop into any lane on the big black highway, but they wonder why
it seemed so interesting and mesmerising to their great great great
grandmother. After all, there was nothing to eat there.

Life is, perhaps, somewhere between nightmares and dreams.

BTW, such a dream would be a nightmare in oz!

David

--
Professor David Sless
BA MSc FRSA