Dear Norm,

Good post. You say,

"Design learning can be seen as an interaction and manipulative interplay
between persons, materials, objects, our conceptions and the responses they
elicit...at another level this activity may be seen as an enmeshment within
the relations which constitute the whole of a being-in-the-world...this
view presents design as elemental to human sapience as a continual (albeit
inhibited & interrupted in some  societies) cognitive tradition undivided
from the world...an enmeshment within the relational knowledge of the world."

Just wondering why 'design learning' . Seems to me that what you are
describing in this and your second paragraph is the same as what is normally
 meant by 'learning' - the ordinary sort that is learnt in order to do something with it.
Seems a bit odd to need to prefix it with 'design'?

I welcome your thoughts.

Cheers,

Terry