on 15/9/03 3:28 am, Stuart Gluth at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> i am currently doing some research into teaching creativity in design
> and would be grateful if anyone had any useful references in this area
> particularly in regard to focusing and structuring unconscious processes
> such as intuition, inspiration, or cal swann's 'period of incubation'
> which lead to those creative jumps we all take, perhaps without knowing how
> how we do it
>
> stuart gluth
> studio head of graphic design
> visual communication
> university of south australia

Dear Stuart
Although this one might be hard to find, I strongly recommend a book by J.G.
Bennett entitled "Creativity". It is perhaps the most clear and articulate
book about this subject in my library (creativity as a subject is at about
55 titles) Bennett had almost nothing to do with design - he was a British
army officer who became a spiritual teacher. More advanced reading is his
masterpiece - "The Seven-fold Work."

I have done a number of workshops on creativity and always use Bennett as a
basis.

Hope this helps

Edward McDonald
Theory and Practice