Lorraine,
I appreciate your response as it has been 10 years since I have been in the
States. As you can appreciate from my post I view this issue of ethics as
crucial partly because I see it as connected to the maturing of any profession.
Further it is not just the articulation of an industry standard by industry
groups but also the way in which novices are invited into the discussion and
the thinking to develop an articulation and application of their own
personalised code of standards. If the US schools are doing this then "good on
them".
        I took a look at the NASAD and IDSA websites as you suggested. I was
cheered particularly by the IDSA mainstreaming of eco-issues. I hope the
subtleties and expansion of these necessary discussions will continue to
escalate and eventuate in actions which substantially decrease threats to the
global eco-system as well as increase the viability of mainstream and
marginalised social systems.
Jan
Jan Coker
C3-10 Underdale Campus
University of South Australia
+61 8 8302 6919
"There is no way to peace, peace is the way"
Gandhi