Dear Colleagues,

Rob Curedale recently conducted a quick study using the
web to acquire valuable information on the skills and qualities
that employers seek in professional designers.

This is the kind of survey that we used to label "quick and
dirty" research. That phrase was not a criticism, but a way to
characterize research that provides useful information even though
it is not comprehensive or based on a traditional research
strategy. Quick and dirty research often provides first data
and a clue to issues and emerging themes. It is also a source
of what Herbert Blumer termed sensitizing concepts.

When I saw this -- Rob posted it elsewhere -- I thought I'd
share it here. PhD-Design could benefit from more posts in
which we share specific research projects, including methods
notes and work in progress.

Best regards,

Ken Friedman