There are might be other interpretations and reconstructions of the
metaphorical.

The very nature of the metaphor and its usual operational environment
presuppose contextuallity and implicit relationships. The moment we start
pinpointing the relationships, the metaphor loses its most important
properties and contributions. It ceases to be a metaphor any more. It
becomes a comparison that might be highly misleading, inaccurate, and
questionable. In such situations the heuristic properties of the metaphor
are lost and it becomes a liability for the argument.

The metaphore usually works well when the relationship is established only
in one aspect and the other aspects are not considered and may even be
screened away. Any attempt to look for other relationships might discredit
the use of use the metaphor and might provide reasons for rejecting the
argument.

Regards,

Lubomir Popov