From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent
: 06 December 2003 13:00
To:
Subject: Re: Professionalism........

Agreed!!...however would add maintained "body of knowledge"...there are some in our profession that apparently feel once basic education is completed and they pass the boards that gives them a lifetime guarantee they are qualified nurses until retirement at 80...nursing changes daily...the medical delivery system changes daily!
Nancy

It would be interesting to know what you mean by the term 'professionalism' or even what makes something a 'profession'? Personally I go believe that a profession is based on a body of knowledge, has a code of professional ethics and conduct, is self regulating and offers a service. Therefore to be professional that is what one has to follow. Is that not what we, as professionals are doing in these discussions?

Greta