From: Prout, Kleea [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 December 2003 08:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Expats

Before reading this message, please check that it is addressed to you.
If not, you should delete it immediately as its contents may be confidential
and its disclosure, copying or distribution unlawful.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission
of electronic viruses but responsibility for screening incoming messages and
the risk of such transmission lies with the recipient.

C. &  J. Clark International Limited Registered Office:
40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0YA.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 141015

Dear List

To change the subject........................

The private company I work for will be sending more and more employees to
live and work in the Far East - Vietnam and the Guandong province in China.
They are all long serving employees and the work they do involves mainly
advising on technical production issues and training.
At the moment, they visit OH well in advance of their departure to get all
the usual vaccines for long stay, and appropriate advice on wide ranging
issues.
They travel back and forth to the Far East for some time prior to relocation
and are familiar with the local conditions. The small expat communities in
both countries support and advise each other on local issues. They are also
very good about keeping OH&S informed of any concerns.They all have private
health insurance and an emergency evacuation procedure is in place.

Is there anything else that should be considered? I would appreciate any
advice.

Kleea

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK.

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be monitored centrally. This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.