From: Martin Tohill [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 09:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Consent

Do you obtain verbal or written consent for assessing a client who has been referred for a sickness absence referral?

If verbal, how do you record it?

If written what is the format you use?

What about taking blood for Hepatitis B, C or HIV - what form of consent do you take if any?

Finally does everyone obtain written informed consent for vaccinations?

Any advice would be appreciated in this ethical / legal area.

Thanks

Dr Martin Tohill

MB BCH BAO MRCGP AFOM DOccMed

Occupational Physician