Hi all

I undertook an ergonomic assessment and environmental audit for a
chiropodist working for a PCT.

The main problem identified during these assessments was treating disabled
wheelchair bound patients, some of whom are severely handicapped.
Some of these people are not able to transfer from the wheelchair to the
chiropody couch and as a consequence the practitioner has to treat them in a
totally unsatisfactory position.

At one of the clinics where the person works, there are no staff available
to help her transfer those patients who are able to move from wheelchair to
couch. It is easy to say there should be staff, there should be correct
following of MH procedures etc etc, but this is the NHS and the PCT involved
are not very helpful to say the least!!!!!

I was wondering if anyone knew if a piece of equipment was available that
would enable the wheelchair to be safely raised from the ground ( ie an
hydraulic platform) to a height where the chiropodist could undertake her
procedures without having to bend down to floor level. Failing that, does
anyone know of a good ergonomic website or other helpful resource.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.......

Chloe