From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Identified and validated samples

This is a query aimed at those who work in the NHS, in relation to what
is considered to be acceptable photographic ID for identified and validated
(IVS) blood samples.

1) Do you accept ID cards other than those listed in the DoH guidelines
(ie passport, Trust ID ard or new photographic driving licence)?
Do you accept ID from other Trusts?
If you do, do you accept it even if it is pass its expiry date and if so
how long after the expiry date would you accept it?

2) Are you extending this IVS rule to staff who are already working in the
trust but move to another specialty or merely get promoted in their same
area (eg a theatre staff nurse who is upgraded from grade E to F)?

This business of IVS is creating a lot of discussions in our dept. Is it
the same elsewhere?!

Therona Goldsmith