Hi I am a First Aid Trainer & no legislation has not changed first aiders do not have to wear a face mask that contains a filter it is not deemed necessary. hope this helps
Chris Leek
-----Original Message-----
From: heather george [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 August 2003 10:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SARS and facemasks

I have just had the following query from one of our first aiders & would be grateful if anyone out there could point me towards any guidance related to this item:

"in light of the recent SARS cases it is now recommended that First Aiders' have a flow guard face mask for CPR - are you aware of this new legislation"

I am asking the persons who raised this to identify their source also.

Regards
Heather Bearpark (formerly George)

Protect your PC from e-mail viruses. Get MSN 8 today.

This Email together with any attachments is confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of the e-mail is forbidden and may be unlawful. If you have received the same in error, please advise the sender immediately by returning the e-mail and then delete it from your system.

As Internet communications are not secure, Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this e-mail or attachments. Furthermore, you should carry out such virus and other checks as considered appropriate to ensure that the opening and/or use of this e-mail and any attachments does not adversely affect other systems or data, for which Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited can accept no legal responsibility.