>not entirely dead and gone

no i don't think its dead, not at all, its just starting to go down
some unsavoury avenues shall we say.  don't like sweeping statements
like for example when vul cosic 'retired' from net.art claiming it
was dead!

>maybe just evolving (I suspect rhizome may get left out, small as their
>fee is I can't imagine how they are going to get geniunely new to
>'net.art' people in)

i do hope rhizome get left out, this is not really due to any real
problem on my part towards rhizome just that i think they've spun out
of control and can't see beyond their own circle anymore, so they
need something to put them in check, honestly i hope its not the end
of them!!!  i have'nt paid the $5 because well firstly its genuinely
something i can't afford at the moment (i know its small but my life
is incredibly frugel at the moment) and i have to date 3 pieces in
the artbase so why exactly should i have to pay to see my own works
in the artbase??  this does'nt make sense!

anyway as i said rhizome was just one of the main things that sparked
me on this, other notable things are that i've noticed quite a few
sites reviewing net.art etc have just dissapeared leaving no trace
(mainly french ones) and they were by no means small!!  this is the
recent economy of internet i suppose but well it has me concerned, i
mean servers are getting cheaper and its not like most of ever made
money from our work anyway so whats going on there???

>would like to think the thing I am involved in admining (I suppose
>almost sort of curating) shows there is stuff happening
>
>http://offline.area3.net/wartime

have heard about this, was meant to attend one of the nights you did
in brixton for it but somehow got sidetracked, my thing is
http://www.bannerart.org at the moment and got another net.art
initive coming up soon, i do genuinely think all these are curating
and valid but it makes me wonder about the whole situation of
crossing over from artist to curator, whether it works well or is
just lashing out due to institutional frustrations?  there certainly
is an element of that on my part but i hope i'm using it
constructively!

i guess i'm really concerned about redundancy as well, the idea that
a few years down the line any number of pieces could just not
function anymore, how to repair / replace / document these?

a+
gar

http://www.asquare.org/
http://www.bannerart.org/