If any of you have seen a copy of my pamphlet, you'll have noticed that
there are a number of errors. In particular, the captions to the
illustrations have been missed out; these should be:-

page 2: "The coalfield on the eve of nationalisation" ("Bristol and Somerset
Coalfield Regional Survey Report")

page 6: "The guss and crook" (Report of the Children’s Employment
Commission)

page 13: "A section through the New Golden Valley pit at Bitton" (John
Anstie, "The Coal Fields of Gloucestershire and Somersetshire, and their
Resources")

Apparently, it wasn't possible to make the illustrations and graphs any
larger, and Table 2, showing manpower and output was also a casualty.

Table 2; Output  and manpower of the Bristol district at five-yearly
intervals

Year    Output (tons)   Workers
1860    542,000         not available
1865    not available   not available
1870    532,235         not available
1875    571,050         3,457
1880    475,807         2,960
1885    505,450         3,050
1890    503,201         2,679
1895    337,423         2,002
1900    447,003         2,039
1905    not available   not available
1910    not available   not available
1915    384,000         1,967
1920    337,556         2,607
1925    256,404         1,523
1930    202,155         988
1935    165,391         864
1940    61,700          293
1945    50,000          300
1950    0                       0
1955    13,613          not available
1960    76,711          not available

Finally, on page 10, the left-hand axis of the graph should be labelled
"Local output (tons)"

If anyone has spotted any other errors, please let me know.

Keith Ramsey